7 Makeup Products I Will Always Own

I buy a lot of makeup in a calendar year. Enough that renewing my status as VIB Rouge at Sephora is not a concern...except when I consider what that means for how much I spend every year on makeup.

The point is, I have tried, and continue to try, a lot of products. In that process you will always find products that you would never pay for again, products that are so so, and products that you would lay down and die for. 

Here's a short list of products that I'll be rebuying for the rest of my life. Or at least until they are discontinued and I run around in complete panic wondering how will I ever go on?!




1. Fresh Umbrian Clay Oil-Free Lotion : $38

I have re-pruchased this lotion four times, at least. If you have combination to oily skin, I highly recommend this as an oil-free moisturizer. It smells amazing, it's so refreshing, and it absolutely does not leave me greasy. And even if you are normal to dry, I'm going to have to suggest you look into Fresh products. I have tried almost all of their products, and the quality is simply unmatched.

2. Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse BB : $34

Another product I've bought nearly a half dozen times. I've tried plenty of BBs - high end to drugstore. I have to say this is one that I'll recommend to nearly anybody. It's so creamy, and moisturizing, and light, and beautiful. The coverage is sheer - but not nonexistent. And truly this product is one I wear every single day.

3. Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray : $30

Set. Yo. Damn. Makeup. I don't understand why you even bother to buy nice foundation, bronzer, eyeshadow, and literally anything if you aren't going to set it. When you buy setting spray? Just get this one. Guys, I do my makeup at 6 AM. I work all day. I workout every night. My makeup is still on when I wash my face at 9 o'clock at night. Invest.

4. Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer : $28

I actually won this bronzer in some online raffle hanky panky, but I've been a loyalist ever since. The color and pigmentation of this bronzer are just so good that even though I have a handful of other bronzers in my arsenal, I keep coming back to this bad boy. Also, it lasts forever.

5. Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara : $8.99

Not kidding, I've been buying this mascara for six years. That's my only argument. SIX. YEARS.

6. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer : $9.99

I have some wrinkles under my eyes - the natural kind, not the age kind Thank you, Jesus. So I'm always looking for a non-creasy concealer that also covers my enchantingly beautiful damn dark circles. This does it. It does it every time. It blends well, the poof on the top makes for easy application, and it's twisty so you'll get every little dab of product in there.

7. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz : $21

I could cheerlead for the importance of good brows all day long. I'd probably do it while waving ABH brow products. Look, there are cheaper versions of this product. But the pencil is so precise, and so well made - and the spoolie is so perfect - I'll say this, if you value your brows, value them at at least $21. 

There you go, seven products I would lay down and die for 'til the end of time!


No comments