The Weight, Again.

Well, here we are, at the beginning of the last full month of summer.

This summer has been... a lot. A lot of good. A lot of fun. A lot of hard work.

One of the biggest, and arguably, one of the most important parts of my summer was being able to the take the confidence that I have and use it, make something of it.

I bought a bikini in March for the first time since before I could read. I promised myself I would wear it. I promised myself I would go in public wearing it. I promised myself that I would try.

Guess what? I did it. A bunch.
(I'm the one with the orange bum.)

And you know what? It felt awesome. Because, here's the thing, do you realize how many people actually look like Ashley Tisdale, or a Kardashian? Next to no one. (Alright, yes there are a bunch of Kardashians, but that's not the point.)

It took me a lot of years to figure that out. It took a lot of standing in front of the mirror and convincing myself that there was nothing wrong with what I saw. It took a lot of telling my head to back off and let me eat, because food isn't an enemy. It took a lot of trying on the swimsuit and taking off the swimsuit.

But dammit, I wore it. And I looked good.

I don't make promises for the future other than this, I will keep trying. There is nothing stopping me from walking across the Miss Vermont stage in June looking like a knockout. I will not let the thing that keeps me from confidence be... me. So here's to the confidence to keep my chin up and my cover-up off.

So far, I give me a thumbs up.

1 comment

  1. You should be so proud of yourself, Rylee. You look fabulous, and I can't wait to see what you do with the Miss Vermont pageant. Good luck and keep your chin UP!

    ReplyDelete