A Little Faith and Fearlessness

"...It was a fearless thing to do, and I wanted more fearlessness in my life. I wanted to act on my hunches and have faith in myself. I wanted to do some big things with my one wild and precious life."


Last year I did something different, I had a motto for the year. For the journey that was 2012 I gave myself a sentence of focus: And this too will make me stronger. 

It was...grounding. It was a little string of hope that I could always fall back on, reliably. So as this new year approached, I knew I would do it again. I knew this year would come with a different goal, and a different focus. But having that mantra last year, it was a little whisper of good that showed up just when necessary. I know I'm going to want that - no, need that- this year too.

So, this year, I knew I would I need to give myself a point of focus, something that I could always go back to, should I lose my direction, my motivation, that little steam that keeps me going. Not long after starting Bloom by Kelle Hampton this summer, I knew I would find some of the creative wisdom that would keep me going in those pages. And that is where this came in,


"...It was a fearless thing to do, and I wanted more fearlessness in my life. I wanted to act on my hunches and have faith in myself. I wanted to do some big things with my one wild and precious life."


Fearlessness, that I know about. I've been wearing my necklace from The Joyful Heart Foundation for years.

But the rest of that? Doing big things, acting on hunches, and having faith? Not always my strong suit.

As I look into this year of changes and choices, I'll use this quote, this mantra, to guide me through when I need the help. I know the kind of life I want to lead, sometimes I just forget that I am the key to getting there. Sometimes it is hard to remember that this life is mine, these choices are my choices, and to get where I want to be I'm going to need to have a little faith and be a little fearless.

No comments